Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
On Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 we plan to re-open our doors and welcome you back to our office. We will resume all types of dental care including new patient comprehensive exams, emergency exams, periodontal care, cosmetic/restorative, surgical and more. Routine hygiene visits will resume on Monday, June 22.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
Before your visit:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask screening questions regarding your current health.
- You will be reminded that we are limiting companions during your visit, please plan to come on your own, unless of course you are the guardian of a child.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you may be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
When you arrive:
- We respectfully ask that you wear a cloth mask before walking through our front door (our front desk employees will also be wearing a mask for your and their protection).
- When you arrive, if you see another patient standing at the front desk, please simply wait outside the glass door until the area has opened up.
- You will be asked to sign in at the front desk using one of our sanitized pens. We will be minimizing the number of people in the waiting room and there should never be a time when you are within six feet of another patient.
- The American Dental Association is recommending that visitors, such as your spouse, not enter the office.
- You will be asked the same screening questions that we asked you on the phone prior to your visit.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
During your dental procedure:
- We will ask you to wash your hands and rinse with a mouth rinse before you are seated in the chair. You will also find hand sanitizers in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We will take every patient’s temperature and measure oxygen saturation including ours and our staff.
- We have invested in special surgical air purification units and dental extraoral suction systems that are designed to significantly reduce aerosols in the office. Both systems will filter, sterilize the air, eliminate aerosol and remove infectious airborne particles including viruses. Please watch the following ReLeaf video to see how our new Releaf system works…we think you will find it very comforting
- Our team will be wearing surgical gowns, N95 masks or equivalent and face shields as added Personal Protective Equipment.
- Between patients/appointments, each operatory/chair will be wiped down and sanitized following CDC and OSHA protocol.
ADVANCED CLEANING & DISINFECTION
Saniproz goes above and beyond CDC guidelines for infection control and safety, providing highly advanced cleaning to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, COVID-19 and other Viruses.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient safe in our practice. To make an appointment, or to reschedule an appointment that was postponed due to Covid, please call our office at 215-567-2666 or schedule online. If you are unable to come into the office, we are also now offering teledental visits, which can be scheduled on our website or through the front desk. Schedule a teledental visit.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back.
Looking forward to seeing you,
Dr. Siegel, Dr. Leas, Dr. Afshar, and Dr. Doblin