Everyone deserves to have a smile they’re proud to share with the world. If the appearance of your teeth has you hiding your smile, you may want to consider cosmetic dental bonding treatment. Philadelphia cosmetic dentists Drs. Maurry Leas and Jonathan Siegel offer dental bonding treatment to correct a variety of cosmetic dental problems quickly and painlessly.
What Is Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is a cosmetic dentistry treatment designed to conceal dental flaws and improve overall aesthetics. Dental bonding uses a putty-like, tooth-colored resin, which is applied to the teeth and shaped to the perfect size and proportions. The bonding resin can be made any shade of white to either match the surrounding teeth or to create a brighter smile. Dental bonding treatment is usually completed in a single dental visit, generally taking 30 to 60 minutes per tooth. During the dental bonding process, the surface of the teeth are prepared, and then the bonding resin is applied to the teeth and shaped. Next a special light or laser is applied to harden the resin in a process called curing. Once the resin is cured, the bonded resin is trimmed to further perfect the tooth’s shape and polished to create a lustrous shine.
Conditions Treatable with Dental Bonding
Dental bonding can correct a wide variety of dental flaws and imperfections. Whether you are embarrassed by the color, shape, or size of your teeth, dental bonding can give you the smile you’ve always wanted. Some of the uses of dental bonding include treating such conditions as:
- Deep stains:Yellowed, discolored, or deeply stained teeth can be whitened with dental bonding.
- Minor decay: Small cavities, especially on the front facing teeth, can be treated with dental bonding for a seamless look.
- Minor fractures or chips:Dental chips or cracks can be an embarrassment and even lead to further damage from tooth decay. Dental bonding can repair small chips and fractures and protect the teeth from further damage.
- Gaps between teeth:Large gaps between teeth can be easily closed with cosmetic dental bonding.
- Irregularly shaped teeth:The appearance of misshaped teeth, whether pointy or jagged, can be improved with dental bonding treatment.
- Undersized or oversized teeth: Dental bonding can be used to correct the size of teeth and create a proportionate looking smile.
Alternative Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Though dental bonding can be used to treat a wide range of conditions, it is not suitable for all patients. Fortunately, there are alternative dental treatments to restore the beauty of your smile. Some popular alternative treatments include porcelain veneers and porcelain crowns. Porcelain veneers are thin tooth-shaped restorations, which can be used to repair minor dental damage as well as transform the shape, size, and color of the teeth. Porcelain crowns are also tooth-shaped restorations, however, they are designed to completely encapsulate severely damaged teeth to restore both look and function of injured teeth.
Schedule a Consultation
Let us make your dream of a beautiful smile a reality. For your personalized treatment plan, we invite you to schedule a consultation today!