Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth, and a service offered by Dentistry at 1818 Market Street.
Teeth Implants are made of titanium, which is a strong and biocompatible material which can fuse with the bone. Dental implants can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or even all of the teeth in your mouth.
The process of getting a dental implant at our Philadelphia dental office typically takes several steps:
- Evaluation. Your dentist will evaluate your oral health to make sure you are a good candidate for dental implants. They will also take x-rays to assess the condition of your jawbone.
- Surgery. During the surgery, your dentist will place a titanium post into your jawbone. This post will act as a root for the replacement tooth. The surgery typically takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Healing. After the surgery, you will need to wait for your jawbone to heal around the implant. This process can take several months.
- Abutment and crown placement. Once your jawbone has healed, your dentist will place an abutment on top of the implant. The abutment is a small post that will hold the replacement tooth in place. The dentist will then place a crown on the abutment. The crown is the replacement tooth itself.
The entire process of getting a dental implant can take several months and multiple visits to our dentist office in center city, but it is a long-lasting and effective solution for missing teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to getting dental implants. Some of the benefits include:
- A natural-looking smile. Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth.
- Improved chewing ability. Dental implants can help you to chew food more effectively.
- Increased self-confidence. Dental implants can help you to feel more confident about your smile.
- Prevention of bone loss. When you lose a tooth, the bone in your jaw can start to deteriorate. Dental implants can help to prevent this bone loss.
Additional Benefits of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to getting dental implants, including:
- Aesthetics: Dental implants look and function just like natural teeth. They can help you to regain your smile and confidence.
- Comfort :Dental implants are very comfortable. They do not require any special care or maintenance, and they will not move or shift over time.
- Durability: Dental implants are very durable. They can last for a lifetime with proper care.
Cost of Dental Implants
The cost of dental implants varies depending on the number of implants needed, the location of the implants, and the type of crown used. In general, dental implants are more expensive than other tooth replacement options, such as dentures or bridges. However, they are also a more permanent solution. At Dentistry at 1818 Market Street we offer consultations to see if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Once our dentist in center city Philadelphia has seen you for your initial consultation exam, the expert implant dentist will create a treatment plan for you. We can go over costs once we know what the treatment plan will be.
Financing Dental Implants
There are a number of ways to finance dental implants. Our office offers membership discount plans and payment plans. We also work with insurance companies to lower dental care costs for our patients.
Some insurance plans may cover the cost of dental implants, but coverage varies from plan to plan. It is important to check with your insurance company to see if your plan covers dental implants.
If you are considering getting dental implants, it is important to talk to your dentist about the benefits, risks, and costs of treatment. Dental implants can be a great way to replace missing teeth and improve your smile, but it is important to make sure that you are a good candidate for treatment and that you can afford the cost. At Dentistry at 1818 Market Street we can offer alternative treatments, like dentures or a bridge, if dental implants aren’t right for you.
Dental implants are a long-lasting and effective solution for missing teeth. They can improve your smile, your chewing ability, and your self-confidence. If you are considering getting dental implants, schedule an appointment today for your tooth implant consultation in Philadelphia at Dentistry at 1818 Market Street.