Spring is a time for cleaning. We dust and vacuum, we wash the windows, and we give our homes a good deep clean.
But what about our mouths? Just like our homes, our mouths need regular cleanings to stay healthy. That’s why we like you to come into our Center City dental office regularly for your dental cleaning.
A dental cleaning is a procedure that removes plaque and tartar from your teeth, which we do at our Market Street Philadelphia dentist office. Plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that forms on your teeth at all times. If plaque is not removed, it can harden into tartar, which is a hard, mineralized deposit that can only be removed by a dentist.
Plaque and tartar can cause a number of problems, including:
- Cavities: Cavities are holes in your teeth that are caused by tooth decay. Tooth decay is a bacterial infection that occurs when plaque is not removed.
- Gum disease: Gum disease is a serious infection of the gums that can lead to tooth loss. Gum disease is caused by plaque and tartar that builds up below the gum line.
- Bad breath: Bad breath is caused by bacteria in your mouth. When plaque and tartar build up, they can produce a foul odor in your mouth.
Regular dental cleanings from Dentistry at 1818 Market Street, a dentist in downtown Philly, can help to prevent these problems. During a cleaning at our affordable dental clinic, we will remove plaque and tartar from your teeth. Our experienced dentist will also check your gums for signs of gum disease and give you instructions on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
In addition to preventing problems, regular dental cleanings from our dentist in Center City can also help to improve your overall health. Studies have shown that people who have regular dental cleanings are less likely to develop heart disease, stroke, and other chronic diseases.
So if you haven’t had a dental cleaning in a while, now is the time to schedule one at Dentistry at 1818 Market Street, a center city Philadelphia dental practice. It’s a small investment that can pay off big time in the long run.
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your dental cleaning:
- Choose a dentist that you trust. It’s important to find a dentist that you feel comfortable with and who you can trust to provide quality care. Read about the dentists at our Center City dental office HERE.
- Be prepared for your appointment. Before your appointment, brush your teeth and floss thoroughly. This will help your dentist to get a better look at your teeth and gums.
- Ask questions. If you have any questions about your dental health, be sure to ask your dentist during your appointment.
- Follow your dentist’s instructions. After your appointment, be sure to follow your dentist’s instructions on how to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
By following these tips, you can make sure that you get the most out of your dental cleaning from Dentistry at 1818 Market Street and keep your smile healthy for years to come.